This temporary fix is for the Slick Slider and Extra slider modules for Sj/Virtuemart
The first error I encountered after Virtuemart updated, was an SQL syntax error.
* It took me a while, but I finally was able to find the backup files, and replace the file in "/modules/mod_sj_vm_slickslider/core/fields/sjvmcategories.php"
After that, the syntax error was gone, but I get this new problem "Maybe your component has been installed incorrectly."
I stared at the code for hour trying to fix the problem adviced in this website "https://ersalo.com/blog/how-to-fix-smartaddons-modules-after-virtuemart-update" and had some of the problems on how the page was displayed, so that didn't work well for me.
That's where it hit me, all the values of the module configuration are just parameters store somewhere in joomla. I check and I checked, nothing. That's where I decided to move to the database.
It is not a permanent solution, and every time a change is made in the module, the fix has to be done again.
**WARNING! THIS FIX WOULD BE PERFORMED AT YOUR OWN RISK**
* Find the IDs for the categories you'd like to display on the modules by going to virtuemart categories.
* Access your joomla database and go to the Modules table.
* You can find the row by scrolling, or you can run this query
SELECT * FROM psuey_modules WHERE title LIKE "%slider%" (Replace psuey with your joomla given name)
* Go to the params column and add the CATID value right before the show_child_category. Don't forget the commas.
- Category: Blog
- Published Date
- Written by Pasquinel Ortiz